The Fender Stratocaster is considered by many guitarists, including many of us at our store, to be the classic solidbody electric guitar. Introduced in 1954, the Strat has flaunted its svelte body curves, tonal dexterity, and expressive vibrato in the capable hands of guitarists cross-genre. At once a working musician’s axe and cultural icon, the Fender Player Series Stratocaster HSS takes the grand tradition into the future with a fast-action 22-fret maple neck, vibrant vintage-inspired finishes, and a versatile trio of humbucker and single-coil Alnico pickups to cover wide swaths of contemporary and classic music.
Fender Player Series Stratocaster HSS Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfort-contoured alder body, gloss polyester finish
- Maple, modern C-shaped neck (satin polyurethane finish)
- 9.5″-radius fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets
- Alnico V single-coils have all the quack, spank, and sparkle you expect from a Strat
- Alnico II bridge humbucker packs punch and output
- Fender 2-point “Synchronized Tremolo” floating vibrato bridge/tailpiece
- Fender standard cast/sealed tuning machines
- Synthetic bone nut, width: 1.650″
- 25.5″ scale length
- Chrome hardware
Versatile HSS pickup configuration
The Player Series Strat HSS is equipped for a wide range of musical styles, from modern high gain to classic surf and country. Neck and middle Alnico V single-coils deliver all the quack, spank, and sparkle you expect from a Strat. Behind them, a moderate-gain Alnico II humbucker adds chunk to rhythms and heat to leads.
Fast-playing Modern “C” maple neck
In keeping with contemporary player preferences, the Player Series Stratocaster HSS sports a comfortable modern C-shaped maple neck and a 9.5″-radius fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets. The neck is finished with a smooth satin polyurethane for a sleek, fast feel. With its sleek body contours and highly playable neck, it’s no wonder that the Fender Stratocaster has remained one of the most popular guitars on the planet for decades.