They sound excellent — especially at this price point. Their 3-inch aluminum woofers are lighter and stiffer than carbon-fiber, paper, or glass-Aramid woofers, ensuring an ultra-fast transient attack and linear response through the low and midrange frequencies. Their high-frequency dispersion is well-controlled and predictable, thanks to precision-designed elliptical waveguides. Their smooth aerodynamic cabinet edges minimize audible edge diffraction, while flared rear-firing bass ports prevent low-frequency turbulence. Beyond that, custom-designed anti-resonant wood cabinets yield natural-sounding bass.
A built-in USB audio interface makes the M1Active 330 USBs a convenient plug-and-play solution for getting audio in and out of your computer. It’s easy to connect line-level turntables, keyboards, guitar effects, DJ mixers, or media players directly to these speakers. And connecting to your computer is as easy as plugging in a single USB cable — no drivers or extra software is required.
If you were making music during the Clinton administration, you probably had tons of Alesis gear in your home studio — looking at old photographs of any audio shop’s employee’s 1990s-era home studio proves it. An ADAT machine was a certainty. You also probably had a QuadraVerb, and maybe an SR-16 drum machine. A lot of us also used Alesis Monitor One studio monitors — they were reasonably priced and offered performance beyond what most home recordists could afford. In 1999, Alesis brought us the M1 Active series. Now at generation 3, the M1 Active series continues Alesis’ proud tradition of professional sound at an affordable price.
M1Active 330 Studio Monitors features :
- Lightweight 3″ aluminum woofers yield a quick transient attack and linear frequency response
- 1″ silk-dome tweeters provide smooth, clear highs
- Precision-designed elliptical waveguides ensure well-controlled high-frequency dispersion
- Smoothly radiused cabinet edges minimize audible edge diffraction
- Flared rear-firing bass ports prevent low-frequency turbulence
- Custom-designed anti-resonant wood cabinets yield natural-sounding bass
- Integrated USB audio interface accommodates most line-level sources
- Connecting to your computer is as easy as plugging in a single USB cable